Tuesday 13 April 2010

Census


Oh wow I cant believe it I had another book workshop and was shown a collection of books for ideas on how to design mine. I then found this really nice book made by Glenn Boulter called "Census" the whole design was interesting!

I wanted my book the same design and layout rather than a normal book you see on the book shelf. So decided to do a similar style the same as Glenns book, however i never got any photographs of it and the person who had the collection was a temporary teacher! So I searched everywhere and found the designers email address. I sent the following email to Glenn

" Dear Glenn,
My name is Laura Smith and i am a university student studying graphic design and im working on a project with the theme book design. Your Census book had a great layout and i would like to create a book in that style. So im emailing you to ask for a photograph of your census book if that is possible.

Thanks Laura"


I wasn't sure if I was going to get a reply however it was my only hope! 2 days later i finally got a reply! and such a good reply it was

"Hi Laura,

thanks for getting in touch and thanks for your interest in the book. Could I ask where you saw it?

The photos of Census that I have don't really get across the way the book is made so thought it might be better if I sent you a free copy? If you could email me your address I will put one in the post to you this week. Hope that's useful.

Best wishes,

Glenn"



The book has now arrived in the post and i have it with me! Going to keep it safe, thankyou so much Glenn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment