Monday 26 April 2010

People History Museum

Unexpected trip and workshop..Oh joy! To be honest the trip wasn't that bad! We went to the peoples history museum and browsed their elections/propaganda exhibit which has series of posters and found objects which were related to the war, slavery and elections. I particularity love Propaganda and seeing how the designer manipulates a viewer to change their mind just by one image, I think i stayed in the museum 2 hours longer than the other students.

The trip was for us to collect research for a workshop we had to do afterwards. Which was we had to design an protest image on anything we want to protest about. I decided the war but I wanted to include something I found in the museum! Then i remember the little teddy in one of the found objects luggage which was of a little boy who lost his parents because he was shipped off somewhere else. So i thought to include this bear basically to argue about the war and how it can affect the children especially ones who end up losing their parents.


The image is not finished yet i still need to add the text however ill explain the style. I used the teddy bear from the photo above because I wanted a child like feel. I'm thinking of using collaged text from clippings off newspapers. Ill upload the final when I finish it

No comments:

Post a Comment