Wednesday 18 August 2010

You know Uni is nearing when you get a summer project!

Well finally received my summer project! half way through summer haha!

For this summer I have to design some graphic fonts and experiment on different materials to create my designs. This project is due for the 23rd of September and I think that's plenty of time for me.

This project will be very useful for me due to the fact I am pretty terrible on font design and typography so need to experiment more into it. Now the brief was very short and simple and they did mention this
Choose a theme and maybe a font to base it on. You could pick from the following themes;

Industrial/Urban

Organic/Natural

Recycled/Found



Now i don't what they entirely mean when they say about the themes because I have ideas for all the themes and tempted to experiment with them all then choose a final theme afterwards. Since the project is just an experimental summer project I have decided that im going to do design ideas and samples in many themes then create the final font with one of the themes :)


So far in my sketch book i have mind mapped from each of the themes and drawn a few developmental designs. You will be able to see some images up here another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment